Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pups

It is hard to believe that it was only 22 days ago that we were approved as puppy foster parents. Only ten days ago (June 7) Bobby and I picked up Otis, Sam and Darla. Just seven days ago (June 10) we took them for their shots and to be dewormed. Later that day Zaiden and Skylar and I came home with 5 puppies. Siblings, Scarlet and Luke were healthy enough to come this time. They were such a mess by the time we got home. Thankfully Bobby came home shortly after we did so he could hose everything down while I bathed them.

As much work as it has been, and always knowing it was just temporary I still sit here sobbing at the thought of taking them back to the shelter. We fostered because we wanted to give them the best chance they could have to be socialized and optimally adoptable. I am so glad we did; they are each wonderful pups. I would be hard pressed to pick just one. I have a plate in the kitchen with seven candles burning. One for each pup with a prayer for them and their wonderful new forever homes and for Bobby and I.

Coming Home
Tired pups!


Darla chewing on the gate

Darla and Sam
Darla
 



Darla - Otis - Scarlet - Luke

Darla and Otis

Darla

Darla

Discovering Pete's food

Feeding Boxes - Darla then Scarlet, Sam, Luke and Otis. Placed in boxes in order of how fast they ate.

 As they would come out of the boxes we would give them each their medicine.

Such good babies!

Luke

Nap time

Final layout - they liked having the "cave" Bobby's barrier paper was a GREAT idea.
Sleepy Babies

Bed time


Ready for forever homes.

We are going to miss them!

Darla and Sam. Before I realized that they liked their bed in the crate.

Last day - Bobby helped me take down the black crate before he left for work.

Otis sleeping

Otis - getting so big!

original area

Added crate for them to potty in...but they liked sleeping there best

Sam and Luke

Sam and Luke

Sam


Relaxing


Luke and Scarlet

Scarlet

play time!
Candle prayers for good homes.

Scarlet, Otis and Sam




No comments:

Post a Comment