Greetings!
It is hard to believe that it has been almost two weeks since my last update.
The weekend after my last post was really busy. We planted the Hydrangeas that Michelle dug up and brought over. They seem to be doing well. The other plants in the flower beds are thriving and it is wonderful to see them grow and fill in the space. Sunday we were busy getting ready for Dad's visit. I washed the curtains in the guest room and Bobby painted the trim on the windows. We cleaned the floors and the furniture. We also scrubbed the guest bathroom and added some caulk. We now have one more room that has artwork hanging on the walls.
On Monday, May 5th Dad came for a visit. We went to see Cyndi Lauper and Cher perform in Charlotte. It was awesome and I am so glad that we were able to share that experience. Dad was here until Thursday and we stayed busy with lots of adventures (including hockey) and even a bit of yard work.
Our garden is doing well. Here is a picture Bobby took of a tomato plant earlier this week.
Pete is adjusting to his new home just fine. He loves his big back yard and it is fun to watch him run around and play with his rope.
Bobby added some locks to the gates so we don't have to worry about them being opened and the dogs getting out without us knowing. Bobby is going to trim all the poles so that they are the same height. He also has the materials he needs to add a second gate so that our circular driveway has an exit. :-)
We have been grilling a lot and by "we" I mean Bobby. I prep the food and he makes it taste wonderful. The other night he brought in two steaks and Pete got one off the table. He dropped it and Ginger took off with it. This night was broccoli, red onions, diced apples and nitrate/no artificial hot dogs.
This night we had steak, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and diced apples.
Guestroom number 2 is also known as the playroom. We play games, do crafts, puzzles and more.
The other night I decided to paint. This was from a kit that reminded me of a grown up paint by numbers. This was based on Sunflowers by Vincent van Gogh. Painting is so relaxing!
On Saturday we went to see Kayla and Jaleb in their dance recital. They are so cute. It is so fun to watch all the kiddos. After the recital we took Bobby's mama out for lunch for Mother's Day.
This is a rose bud from Mama's rose bush.
Last night Bobby built me a swing set. Later when I was swinging on it I said, "I think you would have built this just for me even if we didn't have grandsons." He said, "I told you I did, I made one for the boys; they don't like swinging." :-D I love that he made it extra wide so two can swing and there is a spot for us to add a baby swing for Bradley. :-)
For Mother's Day Pete and Ginger picked out an awesome TV screen. Bobby mounted it in the den and now I can watch DVDs and sing Karaoke. This room is getting better and better. Before long it will be cleaned out and all the artwork will have a home on the walls.
Due to the hot weather Bobby has been working some really long hours. Today he is taking some time off to come to my Leadership SC graduation. This Leadership program was a really good experience and I am very happy that my impact project was a success. Thank you!













No comments:
Post a Comment