Friday after work Bobby and I met at the house. We went to Home Depot with a few returns and to pick up some sealant. I had packed so that we could sleep at the house over the weekend and hopefully make a little extra progress. We spent the evening working on removing the wall paper from my office/formal dining room. It is a little more than half way completed now. I really love using the steamer. I enjoy removing the wallpaper...it is very relaxing. This room is going to be awesome. I am confident that I am going to love this office space. How cool to have it as a partial formal dining room and get to see both artwork and beautiful pieces of crystal and china. It seems like we did more Friday but I can't remember what it might have been.
Saturday was another busy day. We had several visitors. Mike Greene came by to pick up some blocks but he also took the time to help Bobby remove the chair lift. Wowie - that was a big job! They discovered after they got it outside that the chair does come off and the 15 ft rail is actually 2 pieces. Bobby and Mike agreed that they could sell it for scrap them more than I was asking on Facebook. Ah well...live and learn. Apparently the latest carpet was installed over the chair lift so the carpet is ripped. We knew we would have to replace it at some point. Bobby doesn't think that we can have the original hardwoods since old carpet pad is stuck but I think in time it is worth exploring. This is certainly not anything pressing.
I learned something about wood this weekend. The formal dining room set that we bought looks like a cousin to the formal dining furniture that came with the house. (We are going to use both in in the office/dining room) We are amazed at how much lighter that furniture and the new oak table were in comparison. Bobby explained that old wood was allowed to grow longer and slower and was heavier than today's wood which has "help" to grow faster. His explanation reminded me of how chickens and cows and vegetables are raised/grown differently now than in the past.
Saturday we had another couple stop by for blocks (there are still more available), Tabitha and Chris and baby Bradley came by. They arrived right after Lowes had delivered the new oven. I love it. We had Bradley in his jumper and Ginger was underneath him so it looked like he was riding her. I wish I had taken a pic. He just keeps getting cuter every time we see him. What a precious baby boy! Michelle and her husband Tim stopped by and brought blueberries and a blueberry bush. That was a nice surprise; thank you!
Saturday night we went to a 34th Woodruff High School get together for supper. It was fun and a nice break. A few classmates were talking about what their names mean. I said that mine means "one who will rise again." Someone asked what Bobby's name meant. I said, I don't know for sure but probably, "one who is lucky later in life". :-) I sure do love him! They are considering a cruise from Charleston for the 35th reunion. How fun!
Sunday we got up early and got the trailer for the new-to-us furniture. I really enjoyed visiting with Jody's wife, Sandy while he and Bobby loaded the truck and trailer. While we were looking at the furniture he asked me if I had any interest in a chocolate server. I know my heart skipped a beat or two. I have a few cocoa pots that I inherited that are very special to me. I love cocoa pots. That is the main item I look for when I go antiquing with my aunts. Pictures of the new furniture are below. We are so excited to own a grandfather clock. We have both always wanted one. It is in the hallway near where my office will be so I will get to hear it often. How cool is that!? Thank you, Bobby Bevill for buying this amazing furniture for our home. It is a wonderful addition! A really big thanks to Bobby's son, Tracy for helping us unload and move all the furniture in the house. This was no quick/easy task. There was so much furniture that we can't use that needed to be moved out and so much that just needed to be moved to another room. My stress level greatly declined after they finished. A special bonus: Bobby really loves the oak roll-top desk that came with the house but thought that it would be to heavy to get upstairs. I am so happy that he and Tracy were able to get it exactly where he wanted it. :-) Here is the new furniture:










Very nice furniture - the dining chairs are so pretty. And I like the trestle table.
ReplyDeleteGlad you like stripping wallpaper - it's a big room