Wow...almost another week has passed. I had my hair done on Monday and Jennifer asked me if I got the house. I see her every 7 weeks. Apparently, the last time I saw her we were hoping to get the house. It is hard to believe that we have had the house for less than 2 months. No wonder I am exhausted. We have accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. Bobby's determination and stamina continue to amaze me.
Highlights since my last post:
-Everything except for the linen closet, the two storage closets and the outside closet has been packed at the apartment.
-All furniture has been moved to the house except the following: couch, coffee table, recliner, end table, stereo and a TV stand that we use for my karaoke machine and my office furniture. My office furniture is the heaviest. We need to move the two desks, two bookcases and the lateral file cabinet.
-The two guest rooms are ready for guests. I have some left over paint from my office (the bottom darker green) that I will use in the guest room with the rose wallpaper and the Migun bed.
-Our bedroom has all the furniture in place and just needs one box unpacked.
-Making good progress with the vinyl siding - weather permitting it should be completed next week.
-My office/dining room is painted, curtain rods/curtains hung, furniture cleaned - just waiting on my office furniture.
We had the Grands last Sat afternoon - Sun eve. Bobby worked outside. The Grands helped put nails in the wrapped building and also helped me unload a few boxes. We also unpacked their games and organized their game/toy closet. We worked on a puzzle while we watched a couple movies they brought. Saturday we went to the Science Center at Chapman Cultural Center. I bought tickets to see Peter and the Wolf but I had the wrong day so we will go to see it this Saturday. The boys were a big help cleaning the furniture.
Monday I went to the doctor. I was wheezing and was just worn out. He put me on a Z-pack and told me to rest. I didn't rest completely but I did take it easier.
Tuesday I carried the truckload Bobby brought from the apartment Monday night upstairs and unpacked it all. I was resting until I had a phone call and needed to meet a friend/client that needed some help with a computer virus. I was supposed to go to class that night but I just couldn't. I went to the apartment and worked on boxing up my office. It felt good to get that started.
Wednesday I had a four hour appointment with a client and then caught up on some work. When Bobby got home he taught me how to vinyl side and we got a small part of the back just about done. We went to Lowes and PetSmart and then got a bite to eat. I worked until 1:00 AM getting the curtains prepped and cleaning the carpet in the new office so that the guys could hang the rods and curtains and clean the furniture.
Today I was moving a bit slower again. Ginger had a volunteer stint at Converse College. They invite therapy dogs to come help the students relieve stress during exam week. She did great and I was really glad I brought her because there were several students who wanted to hold her. After I got back from that I headed to the apartment and met a lady that I hired to clean the apartment. I finished boxing up the kitchen while she cleaned the upstairs bathrooms. I asked her to box up whatever she found. She finished the upstairs about the time I finished downstairs and put a load of clothes in the dryer. It was a big help to not have to clean the apartment but to leave it in move-in condition. After they left I finished boxing up my office and took out several bags of trash. That reminds me - I need to get the laundry out of my car. Bobby is still working outside but it is after nine and dark so I have no idea what he is doing. Earlier he was caulking around the windows.
We had help Tues, Wed and Thurs. If the weather is nice they will work on the siding more tomorrow. If it is raining they will help with projects inside the house such as painting and working on the main bathroom. I am so thankful for all they are doing to help us - what a blessing!
OK...now for some pics!
| Leadership Spartanburg included a paint party last week. This is my first painting since high school. I really enjoyed it and hope to take more classes. This was so relaxing. |
| Second view of the dining room area. I just love the wall colors. It is so peaceful in that room. The big window to the left is were my primary desk will go. The window overlooks the front yard. |
| Bobby taught me how to vinyl side last night. We did almost this entire section from the time he got off work to when we had to leave for Pet Smart. Ginger needed a poop-scooper and some dog food. |
| Siding on the left side of the house. It was a pain because of all the windows and wires. |
| Close up of the wall colors. |
| View from the front porch. |
| Pretty flowers I saw near the driveway while I was out walking with Ginger. |
| New bird feeder..not much activity yet |
| We still need to finish wrapping this but after the wrapping is complete it should be good to protect it until we are ready to finish it. |
| More feeders...we saw evidence of birds (poo on the feeder) but they aren't eating much at all. |
| Bobby said he saw some birds so we added a couple birdhouses. This is the building that I am thinking about using for office storage. |
looks amazing!!! I can't wait till it warms up! maybe you will allow me to help paint the bricks in the garden. your office is so great!
ReplyDeleteThat would awesome! Thanks!
ReplyDelete