Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend #2 Progress

2/14/14
We did not work at the house after work. Instead we enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day. We went to our favorite - Mother Butter's in Hendersonville, NC. Bobby spoiled both Ginger and me. She got a bag of goodies beyond her puppy imagination - mine was pretty awesome too!

2/15/14
Got an early start but not at the house. Blessed with a visit from the Grands and Tabitha. Chris joined us later in the day. Skylar came into the kitchen and announced that the baby and Papa were both snoring. Zaiden snapped a picture of Papa and the baby sleeping.







Later in the day Papa took the older Grands to the house to help out. When they got there they discovered what might have been a little aftermath from the earthquake on Friday night. We knew we were going to have to address the leaning block wall  next to the garage but nature helped push it up on our to-do timeline. Here is a pic of the wall before we moved in. We were hoping to save it and restore it but several of the blocks broke when they fell. We will replace it with Vinyl fencing. Hopefully we will be able to restore other parts of the wall.

Papa took the Grands exploring on the property. Yes, that is remnants of the snow we had last week. While Bobby worked on the wall they each picked out a hammer and starting working on knocking down some tree stumps.

Tabitha and I went to Costco and bought drawer slides for the kitchen cabinets and a few other supplies. I ordered what we used to call a "Johnny Jumper"  and it was waiting at the house. They are a lot fancier than they used to be. I am so glad it fits on some of the door frames!

Bobby and the Grands also added some screws to better secure the new mailbox. I love our new mailbox!

2/16/14
We were at Lowes by 8:30 am on Sunday so that Bobby could get the new electrical box and measure the cutout for the stove we bought. Thankfully he noticed that the cutout listed on the spec sheet didn't make sense or he would have cut more into the cabinets then needed. He bought me a pot and pan drawer slide. I am so excited! 

He also bought switches and receptacles for me to replace. We went to Home Depot next for more shelves. When we got to the house Bobby worked on the wall while I put together another shelf. Time flies; soon it was time to head to Mama's for dinner. While we were there I remembered we had tickets to see Rock and Roll Gold at Center Stage at 3 pm. I am so glad I remembered in time to go! After the show we went to storage and packed the truck. We unloaded the first truck load into our storage building. I still have a few more to assemble. Hopefully, just a couple more trips and the storage rental will be empty. While we were at the house we knocked out a few small tasks: Bobby stopped the water from continually running in the toilet, installed a driveway alert, counted light bulbs and replaced some bulbs while I cleaned and labeled light switches.















No comments:

Post a Comment