Friday, February 14, 2014

Bringing the blog up to date

2/8/14

Today we cleaned out the storage building and assembled 3 sets of shelves to put in the building. The plan is to add shelves along each of the walls to create a storage space that makes it easy to find whatever it is we are looking for at any given time. I look forward to getting it painted white to match the house and getting the door repaired. I am also looking forward to not having to pay a monthly storage fee. ;-)



  • Figured out where the keys go and added new locks.
  • Stacey added silicone to stop the water from getting in the Florida room.
  • Bobby picked up 3 new beds for Ginger since she likes having a bed in every room
  • Trips to Lowes and Home Depot.
2/9/14

Bobby worked on the bathroom plumbing. He found the secret panel to get to the tub. Stacey went back to Home Depot and picked up seven more shelves for the storage building. Five more are assembled, 2 more to go. Had to leave for Kayla's 4th birthday celebration

Later that day...

Bobby found the leak under the house. We removed the wallpaper from the foyer.



We also started cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were full! These will be beautiful after a good cleaning.

 
 

2/10/14

Ordered a new oven! I think this picture sold Bobby on the oven...baking three foods at once. ;-)

 This is the previous oven. I am pretty sure it was from 1961.


All kitchen cupboards are empty  now with the exception of a few "treasures" that we want to keep.
Bobby went under the house and found the leak was from the ice maker and cleaned a bit while he was under the house. He also worked on the gate and took down the old mailbox.

2/11/14

Bobby fixed the leak. I stayed home and worked on our change of address cards.

2/12/14

With bad weather coming we decided to pack up and go to the house. We went through all the closets, drawers and desks on the bottom floor and boxed up donations and bagged up garbage.

Bobby shoveled snow and did the "man thing" to see if he could get up either hill in his truck. We are so happy that we have a fenced level lot to park in during bad weather.

I had packed up some food but we ended up going to Papa's for supper. The roads weren't bad but I was happy that Bobby put cement blocks in the back.

We had our first neighbor visit - he and his wife live across the street. Bobby told me that I was never to give them money.

When I went upstairs to make up the bed I discovered bugs in the curtains. I called down and asked Bobby to bring the vacuum. He went from room to room and vacuumed hundreds of stink bugs and lady bugs (the 14 spot variety) from the curtains. I am so happy the previous owners left behind a vacuum.

Our first night in our new home - I sure hope the next time we sleep there it is on our own bed. I prefer a king to a full any day.
 


 2/13/14

Cleaned out the drawers and closets upstairs. Boxed and bagged donations and garbage. The stair lift was really helpful with getting the heavy boxes downstairs! Took off a truck bed full of garbage. Tested breaker box and labeled breakers. Bobby installed my new mailbox.
I love it! It is big and it has a key so that it can be locked up.
Bobby installed a security chain on the front door.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment